Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
sonykp65 red lines

burr
New User

Mar 2, 2005, 8:59 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1065 views)
Shortcut
sonykp65 red lines Can't Post

hope someone can help this old newbie, i have a 1 1/2 yr old kp65ws500 sony.with red lines running through screen. repair guy says red & green crt's are shot and the blue not far behind and the flicker needs to be replaced. 1. does this sound correct and 2. does any one know about a recall of this problam, or where can i go to find out about a recall thx burr.

shadetree
Veteran

Mar 3, 2005, 1:06 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1060 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burr] sonykp65 red lines [In reply to] Can't Post

if it's 1&1/2 years old crts are still in warranty 2 year warranty never krown these to go out this soon get 2nd opinion

minehunter
User

Mar 6, 2005, 8:32 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1042 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burr] sonykp65 red lines [In reply to] Can't Post

I think that model of sony had a tech recall and all 3 CRT's were to be changed if it fell into a certain serial number range. It also had some other componets that needed to be changed if I remember correctly. It was supposed to solve the flicker problem that was on that set. I know it was a pain to do because to do it correctly you had to do the green first, put it all back together and converge it to the red and blue. Then take it apart to change the Red and Blue, back together again and converge them to the green. Anyone who has ever done a sony knows how fun they are to converge.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)