Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
toshiba cx29889

sohanpal
New User

May 6, 2005, 2:39 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1418 views)
Shortcut
toshiba cx29889 Can't Post

Hi i am working on a Toshiba M.No: CX29889 Chassis:TAC8946 their was a white strip at the bottom, fixed after replacing capacitors. Now the heads are long and like eggs and the heads go out of the screen. can someone help what to look for or send me schematic at sohanpal@telusplanet.net

mel
Veteran

May 6, 2005, 10:07 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1409 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sohanpal] toshiba cx29889 [In reply to] Can't Post

I have no info on that specific model number but it sounds like a vertical height and linearity problem which on newer Toshibas is adjusted thru the service menu. To enter the service mode, press the mute button on the remote. Press the mute button again and keep pressing while simultaneously pressing the menu button on the set. Be careful what you adjust when in the service mode because you can make things worse than they already are. These funtions are really best left to an experienced tech.

Hect7369
User

May 6, 2005, 11:39 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sohanpal] toshiba cx29889 [In reply to] Can't Post

Make sure replacing the exact number(capacitor value)this it happened to me,by replacing wrong Value.Usually,is most Toshiba,they are 2 Cap/of 2.2uf(or 1uf)in vert/output circuit & close to IC(jungle)Known by TV-4chip.If u have replaced one,look for the other,regulary a wet elect/capacitor.

G>L.

Hect

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)