Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
toshiba cz32v61 clicks and blinks but wont turn on

daveyj
New User

Apr 17, 2005, 2:52 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1521 views)
Shortcut
toshiba cz32v61 clicks and blinks but wont turn on Can't Post

Tv shut off other day and when restarted it clicked like it was coming on then light started blinking beside power button and nothing more.unplugged set overnight no luck,took board out and noticed piece located on board location(R808)was very hot,online support told me this was called a thermister.I realize another faulty component could be causing heat in this piece but would it be worth my while to try to change it out before i take tv in for professional repair.Piece was quoted to me at 50.00.Thanks david

(This post was edited by daveyj on Apr 17, 2005, 4:16 PM)

mel
Veteran

Apr 17, 2005, 10:25 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1512 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daveyj] toshiba cz32v61 clicks and blinks but wont turn on [In reply to] Can't Post

No! R808 is the degausing thermistor and has nothing to do with your problem. Also, it is supposed to run hot as a part of its normal function and its cost should be less than $5. Since the failure could be anywhere between the voltage regulater in the primary power supply and the horizontal output transistor in the high voltage section, unless you have some technical knowledge and basic test equipment, you would be best to leave the repairs to a professional. You might want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an oppportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)