Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
zenith z50z83r8 sound but no picture

riverdale
New User

Jan 24, 2005, 5:27 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1207 views)
Shortcut
zenith z50z83r8 sound but no picture Can't Post

**sorry this is posted twice, i posted in projection until i realized there was a seperate repair forum---newb error**

I have the above listed zenith model of projection t.v. I know a little about electronics, and my dad was an electronics technician for 30 years, so i have decided to try to fix this tv on my own.

Probelm is, it has sound, but no picture. You can hear a high voltage squeal when you first turn it on, but then it dissapears. I have assumed it is probably the power supply, but was wondering if it might be the hv splitter too. Does anybody know how you would test this particular HV splitter?? I am just wanting to rule it out before i do the power supply kit.---thanks for all of the help. also, i have not been able to obtain a schematic for this at all. If anybody has one, would they be willing to sell a copy??

Sorry for the long post, but thanks ahead for any help you guys have----thanks

riverdale
New User

Jan 26, 2005, 6:01 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1195 views)
Shortcut
Re: [riverdale] zenith z50z83r8 sound but no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

okay, i belive i have figured out the problem, it was the hv splitter. I unplugged the anode from the flyback, and the unit ran without shutting down. I have ordered a new hv splitter and focus block assembly.

My question to you guys now is , how do i go about adjusting the set with the new block installed. I have been told not to mess with the service menu, so i will not. on the video board, there is a set of jumpers. There are three jumpers for the colors, and are labeled enable/ disable. I assume that these are just to turn off the colors two at a time.--_Are there any precautions that go along with this??. The last jumper is a "g2" jumper that is labeled nor./setup. Is this for the convergance.

Basically, i just need some advice on setting the 6 controls on the focus block.

Thanks alot guys

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)