Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
Best place for VCR tools

Barry777
User

Jun 2, 2010, 5:14 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1798 views)
Shortcut
Best place for VCR tools Can't Post

My friends at Studio Sound Electronics have recently added a very nice assortment of VCR-intensive stuff to their inventory. Highlights include that cool set of alignment tools you used to see all the time back in the 80's. Though they appear cast rather than machined, I have a set and they work just fine. The set includes a head drum puller, guide post adjuster (I prefer a notched screwdriver myself), A/C head adjuster, tension band adjuster, a set of those tiny Allen wrenches the hardware stores don't have, a belt push-pull tool, retaining ring puller and a few others - all for around $50 in a handy zippered black case.

They also have a generic VCR alignment tape, a clear dummy tape, kits of those tiny washers that fly across the room, kits of springs, belts, tires, cleaning aids and lots of other stuff. They've steered several customers to my former vintage audio repair business, so I plug them when appropriate. It was getting pretty darn tough to find ANY type of VCR tools and related stuff - now you can find most of it at one place. They also have a few service manuals, and a VERY cool cross reference service. If you tell them the model you have and which belt, tire or pinch roller you need, they'll hook you right up.

Great service they have - please tell them Barry's 8 Track Repair sent you.
Barry Fone - VCR Repair hobbyist and professional FAA Repair Station Avionics Bench Technician (top level). TEST EQUIPMENT: (4) Sencore VC93 VCR Analyzers, (11) Tentel gauges, Sencore VA48 and (2) VA62 Video Analyzers, Sigma Electronics TSG-375 NTSC/SMPTE Video Generator, several VCR Alignment Tapes, plus countless Oscilloscopes, Frequency Counters, Wow and Flutter Meters, Distortion Analyzers, Vectorscope, 136-channel Logic Analyzer, Signature Analyzer . . . . VIDEO GEAR: (6) JVC BR-S822U's, (3) JVC BR-7000 series, (3) JVC BR-S500U, (2) JVC BR-S800U, JVC GR-800U and (2) GR-860U Editing Controllers, Sony FXE-100 Video Switcher/Effects Generator, (5) Time Code Generator/Readers, (1) Sony SLO-1800 (Beta), (2) Alesis ADAT-XT, (1) Sony DXC-1200 TV Camera, Pioneer VP-1000 Laser Disc Player plus many consumer grade Beta and VHS VCR's. Passionate electronics enthusiast since 1973...most anything except computers. Check out my collection at www.barrys8trackrepair.com/MyVideoGear.html

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.17 s on (CGI/1.1)