Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
"Err" display on RCA VCR

BobHoward
New User

Apr 3, 2005, 11:06 PM

Post #1 of 1 (3451 views)
Shortcut
"Err" display on RCA VCR Can't Post

I have an RCA VCR, model number VR701HF, that's about 5 years old. It's never had a problem until recently, when it started displaying "Err" and locking up. When this happens, it stops whatever function it's doing, and I have to cycle the power to get it to clear up. This usually happens several times consecutively before it will work again.

It will usually do this during a forward or reverse search, or occasionally during playback. I suspect it happens during recording as well, since we sometimes wake up in the morning and find it displaying "Err". This happens with both pre-recorded commercial tapes and blank tapes we use for recording shows.

There's nothing in the user's guide about this "Err" condition. I've tried brand new tapes, and ran two different cleaning tapes through the machine several times, but I've seen no change in the symptoms. There's been no change in location, temperature, humidity, or anything else like that.

Any ideas what might be going on, how to fix it, or what I can do to troubleshoot further? I'm perfectly willing to pop the top and poke around; I don't want to throw this thing out just yet! Thanks,

Bob

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)