Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
GoVideo 9550 problems--please help!!

misha0001
New User

May 22, 2005, 7:53 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2061 views)
Shortcut
GoVideo 9550 problems--please help!! Can't Post

I have a GoVideo DDV 9550 dual-deck VCR. Recently, the LCD display in front would ocassionally start to blink rapidly. When this happens, all possible lines are shown, i.e. I got a bunch of '8' characters, etc. After a short while, blinking accelerates (from, say, 1-2 per sec to 4-5 per sec) and then everything goes back to normal. While this is happening no buttons on VCR or remote are functional, not even the power on/off button. Unplugging the VCR for several minutes does not help, after it is plugged in again, the same thing continues.
Last two times, it became more erratic, with frozen display (only one or two random lines shown) for extended period of time.Unsure

I tried the Go Video (Sensory Science) customer support and they were less than helpful, since my warranty has long expired.

Any suggestions about what may be wrong with my VCR? Is the display dying? Is it worth trying to repair it?

I'd appreciate any words of advice, thanks in advance

Misha

rrobor
Veteran

Aug 14, 2005, 11:48 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2004 views)
Shortcut
Re: [misha0001] GoVideo 9550 problems--please help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

As with all display problems and micro misfunctioning start by replacing the supply electrolytics a few dollars and 95% are fixed

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)