Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
Hitachi VT-11AR video play back problem

Avogel101
New User

Mar 16, 2019, 10:52 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1627 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi VT-11AR video play back problem Can't Post

Hello to everyone, I recently picked up an old Hitachi VT-11AR top load VCR. I love older VCRs. I also own an old VT-8500 that still works very well.
The problem I am having, is with the VT-11AR, when it plays a tape, the screen is black, white and distorted with no audio. Tracking dose not work, I have replaced the top cylinder with new heads.
Any information, help or ideas how to fix this problem?

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 17, 2019, 2:53 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1621 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Avogel101] Hitachi VT-11AR video play back problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Confirm if it has audio / video some other way.

Using A/V Inputs & Outputs and selecting Source correctly would be one way. Selecting A/V Input should allow for RF channel 3 (or 4) would be another. TV/VCR switch on VCR in either case.

-------------------------

Avogel101
New User

Mar 17, 2019, 9:56 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1613 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Hitachi VT-11AR video play back problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the reply. I have tried setting the tv, vtr switch. I have tried changing the channel 3-4 switch. I tried the video and audio out ports to TV and the RF to tv. Unfortunately same result. The tape will run and the picture looks like the tape needs tracking there is no image and there is no audio.

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 17, 2019, 2:49 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1609 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Avogel101] Hitachi VT-11AR video play back problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Asking for proof of Audio & Video from an External signal input (A/V Input or if you have any remaining over-the-air R.F. source - or can generate your own from your test equipment).

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)