Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
JVC BR-S822E Problems with T/U-reel motor

Wolfgang
New User

Jan 27, 2020, 9:23 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1143 views)
Shortcut
JVC BR-S822E Problems with T/U-reel motor Can't Post

Hi folks, <br> <br>I am new here and from near Hamburg/Germany, so pls be kind with my English ;-). <br> <br>I own a JVC VCR as described above. It used to work perfectly and I love it but wasn't used for a couple of years now until I recently wanted to set it up once again, BUT... <br> <br>It is now all opened up in my electronic workshop and I have thoroughly cleaned and re-lubricated all mechanics so far, so the cassette loads correctly. I own a service manual and all sorts of measuring equipment and many years of experience in electronics, mechanics etc. <br> <br>When switched on and cartridge loaded the T/U-reel motor makes some kind of humming noise for approx 1 or 2 seconds and you can see the reel vibrate a little. Then the tape gets pulled out and put around the now rotating drum etc. Tape gets tightened and lastly machine waits in standby-mode. <br>When now pressing PLAY, tape gets pulled out by capstan and T/U-reel turns for approx. 1 or 2 turns. Then it stops. Tape begins to loop up behind the capstan and operation stops with "73" (T/U-reel motor problem) in display plus "AUTO OFF"-LED on. That means device can only be recovered by switching it off and on again (works correctly). <br> <br>Have already tried several test modes according to manual (quad DIP-switch in front of transport PC-board) and T/U-reel motor works continuously in test modes (at least in principle). But it won't when in normal mode... <br> <br>So I suspect not the motor defective but something malfunctioning in the electronics. But to be honest, I am not the typical VCR-technician after all. Had posted my questions in a couple of specific German forums but so far nobody could help me. I assume it's because this device is not the regular type of recorder and there are not as many JVC-pros over here. <br> <br> <br>Would very much appreciate any kind of help because I doubt it is a big problem and I hate to trash any kind of older technical stuff if not inevitable. <br> <br> <br>Regards, Wolfgang

(This post was edited by Wolfgang on Jan 27, 2020, 9:26 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)