Misaligned line of picture when capturing with JVC HR-S9600U

RTLdan
New User

Apr 29, 2006, 2:53 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1968 views)
Shortcut
Misaligned line of picture when capturing with JVC HR-S9600U Can't Post

Hello,

I recently aquired a JVC HR-S9600U vcr that I intend to use with my Matrox Rt.x10 capture card to transfer my home videos to DVD. However, I've encountered a problem while trying to capture.

The video that I capture using that VCR has what a problem with the picture: To me it looks like a misaligned fragment of picture at the very bottom of the screen. It doesn't randomly move like other common picture problems. Instead, it is as if a line or two of the picture were moved just slightly to the right and became misaligned with the rest of the screen. I've tested using numerous VHS tapes, both home and store bought. They all exhibit the same problem. I narrowed the issue down to the VCR by trying to capture using another very cheap vcr. The cheap vcr did not show any problems like the JVC did.

I'm at a loss for what might be causing this problem. I'm almost at the point of taking it in for service, but I would hate to do that for something that may be simple or very expensive.

I've provided a picture for you to analyze below. It isn't the best, but it will do.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated,

-Daniel Rheaume

techchris
Veteran

Apr 29, 2006, 7:11 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1965 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RTLdan] Misaligned line of picture when capturing with JVC HR-S9600U [In reply to] Can't Post

the head switching point is out of adjustment. this is usually done in the service mode with an alignment tape in the vcr.some older machines have a mechanical adjustment inside

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)