Shortcut
Post deleted by cjfoo

techchris
Veteran

Aug 29, 2009, 9:51 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1772 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cjfoo] New vcr - no playback on tv [In reply to] Can't Post

does this happen when the VCR is switched off? if so there is probably no backup battery to hold the memory. Very Common in VCR's. you did not say how you got it going again after it failed the first time.

cjfoo
New User

Aug 30, 2009, 8:53 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1768 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] New vcr - no playback on tv [In reply to] Can't Post

It happens after we have taped a programme. When we have gone to tape another programme, nothing works. When it wouldn't work I checked the leads by pulling them out and back in again, unplugged the vcr - after doing this a couple of times it worked again only to stop again after recording. Mum was in the timer section and she thought she may have done something in this area however the timer light is not on. As I can't even get the menu on screen I can't get into this area at all. And this time, nothing I seem to do will get it working. I have moved the vcr to another tv and still same problem. We plugged antoher vcr in and that works fine.

techchris
Veteran

Aug 31, 2009, 8:53 AM

Post #4 of 5 (1759 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cjfoo] New vcr - no playback on tv [In reply to] Can't Post

when you finish a timer recording the vcr stays in timer mode which disables all other features. try pressing the timer button (or same button you use to put it into timer mode) to switch it back to manual operation after the recording has finished and see if that cures the problem

cjfoo
New User

Aug 31, 2009, 8:20 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1753 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] New vcr - no playback on tv [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for that, I will try turning off the timer button although I did do that. The timer light wasn't on. We called the 1800 number yesterday and they said that it is faulty and can't be fixed. Mum bought is secondhand but never been used. I will try what you said and then give up on this. Its not worth it. Thanks for all your help Chris.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)