Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
Old Panasonic PV1430 HIFi Vcr with two problems

pjl52
New User

Jan 24, 2024, 4:31 PM

Post #1 of 1 (2736 views)
Shortcut
Old Panasonic PV1430 HIFi Vcr with two problems Can't Post

I have hauled out my VCR after about 15 years of non use. Back then I used the machine from about 1985 to 2005 to record high quality stereo audio on VCR tape. Mostly classical captures from FM. When I first plugged it in, it ate tape due to bad idler tire---which I replaced with the proper tire. Now when I load the tape I have two issues--the tape feed jerks some what--I can see it jerk ahead sometimes--often once per revolution of the spindle--that causes a sharp noise. (In one tape it actually split the tape as it was feeding into the drum). The second issue is that the hifi track is not working properly. Could someone give me some general direction? I have tried using an old tape feeding it backwards then forwards to see if the rewind operation would solve any issue with the tape sticking in the cartridge. I am an old reel to reel user who has baked his even older tapes and made them perfectly playable--I understand this is not necessary with vcr tape so I have not tried that. Thanks in advance, Phil

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)