Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
Panasonic VCR loading belt- where to get??

Bishopoftech
New User

Nov 18, 2010, 9:45 AM

Post #1 of 12 (4689 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic VCR loading belt- where to get?? Can't Post

My old Panasonic PV-HD 1000 just started acting up. I have determined that the loading belt is slipping. I can't seem to find one online- anyone know of where I can buy one??

Appreciate the help!

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 18, 2010, 12:23 PM

Post #2 of 12 (4688 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bishopoftech] Panasonic VCR loading belt- where to get?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Measurements?Cool

-------------------------

Bishopoftech
New User

Nov 18, 2010, 11:01 PM

Post #3 of 12 (4685 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Panasonic VCR loading belt- where to get?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought I could locate one for model of my VCR. I was searching for loading belt for my VCR. Guess I need to look for one by size?? I haven't removed it yet to measure it. Would the measurements be in metric or standard format?

Thanks for the help!

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 19, 2010, 1:02 AM

Post #4 of 12 (4684 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bishopoftech] Panasonic VCR loading belt- where to get?? [In reply to] Can't Post

If square, nearest larger in thickness. Up to 20% smaller in length (inside circumference) should work.Cool

Bishopoftech
New User

Nov 19, 2010, 4:23 AM

Post #5 of 12 (4681 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Panasonic VCR loading belt- where to get?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Its round actually.

Thanks for the quick replies. I appreciate the help- not to be rude, but you seem to have aluded to the fact that I need to know the measurements of the belt in order to find one, but have not answered my second question regarding measurements which you brought up. Would I need to measure in metric or standard format??

Also you have not addressed my original question- do you know where I would go to buy one, or where to look online??

Appreciate any help at all with regard to those two specific questions.

Until you brought up measurements, I would have assumed that I would order a belt by my VCR model number. So I 'm asking anyone that knows- how do I find one- by model number, or size? And where do I look- electronics repair store? Online stores? Anyone know a specific source to get one?? I did an internet search and come up with very few belts, for very few models.

Thanks

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 19, 2010, 5:06 AM

Post #6 of 12 (4679 views)
Shortcut

Here is one source. How to measure is included. They use inches.

http://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/belts.htm

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Nov 19, 2010, 5:07 AM)

Bishopoftech
New User

Nov 19, 2010, 5:35 AM

Post #7 of 12 (4674 views)
Shortcut

Thanks so much! I'll see if I can get one from here!

gugsmo
New User

Nov 28, 2010, 5:55 PM

Post #8 of 12 (4655 views)
Shortcut

hi, try STUDIO SOUND. real good people.

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 28, 2010, 10:39 PM

Post #9 of 12 (4654 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gugsmo] Panasonic VCR loading belt- where to get?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Found square and flat belts as well as belt kits.
I could NOT locate ROUND belts there.Shocked

Barry777
User

Nov 30, 2010, 1:51 PM

Post #10 of 12 (4647 views)
Shortcut

Round belts are VERY hard to find, and I'm not even sure they manufacture many sizes of those anymore. But as long as the edge of the belt doesn't drive something directly - in other words - if it's just two pulleys connected by a belt, with nothing else pressing against one of the pulleys to get its drive from the edge of the belt, a standard square belt should work fine.

www.studiosoundelectronics.com has a great cross reference service. Give Frank the make and model of your VCR, and he will sell you the correct size. Click on the "Ask-A-Tech" tab on his website, and he always answers withinn 24 hours.
Barry Fone - VCR Repair hobbyist and professional FAA Repair Station Avionics Bench Technician (top level). TEST EQUIPMENT: (4) Sencore VC93 VCR Analyzers, (11) Tentel gauges, Sencore VA48 and (2) VA62 Video Analyzers, Sigma Electronics TSG-375 NTSC/SMPTE Video Generator, several VCR Alignment Tapes, plus countless Oscilloscopes, Frequency Counters, Wow and Flutter Meters, Distortion Analyzers, Vectorscope, 136-channel Logic Analyzer, Signature Analyzer . . . . VIDEO GEAR: (6) JVC BR-S822U's, (3) JVC BR-7000 series, (3) JVC BR-S500U, (2) JVC BR-S800U, JVC GR-800U and (2) GR-860U Editing Controllers, Sony FXE-100 Video Switcher/Effects Generator, (5) Time Code Generator/Readers, (1) Sony SLO-1800 (Beta), (2) Alesis ADAT-XT, (1) Sony DXC-1200 TV Camera, Pioneer VP-1000 Laser Disc Player plus many consumer grade Beta and VHS VCR's. Passionate electronics enthusiast since 1973...most anything except computers. Check out my collection at www.barrys8trackrepair.com/MyVideoGear.html

TONNI
New User

Jan 28, 2011, 11:33 AM

Post #11 of 12 (4595 views)
Shortcut

<span contenteditable="false"><table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width="100%"><!--reply--><tr><td width="2%"><hr width="100%" noshade size="1" color="#A1A576"></td><td width="10%" align=center><font size=1 face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">In&nbsp;Reply&nbsp;To</font></td><td width="87%"><hr width="100%" noshade color="#A1A576" size=1></td></tr></table></span><div style="margin-left: 30px">My old Panasonic PV-HD 1000 just started acting up. I have determined that the loading belt is slipping. I can't seem to find one online- anyone know of where I can buy one?? <br> <br>Appreciate the help!</div><span contenteditable="false"><table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width="100%"><!--/reply--><tr><td><hr width="100%" noshade size=1 color="#A1A576"></td></tr></table></span>

nice..

[url=http://www.websitefacility.co.uk]logo design milton keynes

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 28, 2011, 12:03 PM

Post #12 of 12 (4593 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TONNI] Panasonic VCR loading belt- where to get?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Boy are you good.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)