Precious vhs tapes no longer showing picture

Mizz55
New User

Sep 6, 2018, 10:24 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1609 views)
Shortcut
Precious vhs tapes no longer showing picture Can't Post

Hi!
So i recently found my old vcr and a number of tapes. The vcr is in good working order and plays 90% of the vhs tapes i found. However a few of the tapes do not display the picture or any sound when inserted in the vcr including an old home Christmas video. The time on the player remains at 0:00:00 when these tapes are inside and are played, re-winded or fast forwarded. The tapes still play in the vcr from beginning to end so i know its not jammed or anything. I disassembled some of the tapes to see if they were wound too tight or if there was any dirt and even replaced the reels from the original vhs' to another working one but the tapes remained the same when i inserted it again with no picture of movement of the timer. Also 2 or 3 of the other tapes that were previously working fine suddenly stopped playing like the others and showed no picture and the timer no longer moved on the vcr. Again the vcr is fine i presume its just certain vhs tapes that have stopped working properly so im sure the issue is with them specifically. Not sure what to do and would be eternally grateful for a solution!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)