Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
Pushing Fast Forward will register as pressing STOP

Spidey5211
New User

May 24, 2019, 11:14 PM

Post #1 of 2 (20465 views)
Shortcut
Pushing Fast Forward will register as pressing STOP Can't Post

Ive recently got into repairing VCR and VCR/DVD combo units and sometimes ill come across a unit where I press one button and it registers as another button about half the the time and I'm getting paid per unit that I can fix so the more I can fix the more money I can make.

So I have a unit right now that will sometimes Stop when I press FF. I have a basic understanding after looking at the board it determines what button you pushed based on how much voltage there is in the circuit because all the buttons are connected in a row with resistors in between each button. So my first thought was that maybe the resistors in between the buttons is out of spec but I compared it to another unit and they were the same so my second thought is that maybe the microprocessor that reads the button presses could be bad.

And now after writing this all out I realize that if the contacts in the switch are dirty it could easily throw off the resistance in the circuit? any ideas?

(This post was edited by Spidey5211 on May 25, 2019, 3:28 AM)

Spidey5211
New User

May 26, 2019, 12:55 AM

Post #2 of 2 (20453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Spidey5211] Pushing Fast Forward will register as pressing STOP [In reply to] Can't Post

Replacing the switch seemed to resolve the problem in my case

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)