Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
Panasonic PV-V4620 VCR won't eject tape

arlener
New User

Aug 17, 2008, 10:09 PM

Post #1 of 7 (9408 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic PV-V4620 VCR won't eject tape Can't Post

Please help. I love this VCR but it won't eject the tape. I opened it up but I can't figure out how to get it to move the tape out. The tape is entirely inside it's box with the tape's hinged door open. When I turn on the power, the cylinder spins and then the machine turns itself off.

To make things worse, I have another VCR with a stuck tape which is why I got this second used VCR. Surely there's a way to resurrect at least one of these.

techchris
Veteran

Aug 18, 2008, 1:00 PM

Post #2 of 7 (9403 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arlener] Panasonic PV-V4620 VCR won't eject tape [In reply to] Can't Post

unplug it from the supply for an hour then try again.if no luck the usual thing is a small rotary mode switch under the mechanism that needs cleaning

arlener
New User

Aug 18, 2008, 3:24 PM

Post #3 of 7 (9400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Panasonic PV-V4620 VCR won't eject tape [In reply to] Can't Post

I left it unplugged overnight and it behaves the same.
Any way you can describe how to find that mode switch?
And what do I clean it with?

denonjapan
Veteran

Aug 21, 2008, 11:56 AM

Post #4 of 7 (9390 views)
Shortcut

arlener, refer this to a tech. Pls do so!!!!! I had a feeling you wanna save the tape. throw the vcr afterwards.

denonjapan
made in japan

arlener
New User

Aug 21, 2008, 3:30 PM

Post #5 of 7 (9388 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Panasonic PV-V4620 VCR won't eject tape [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually, it's the VCR I want. I'm broke. That should explain it all. I'm determined now because I have two with stuck tapes, that I will figure out how to fix them myself.

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 2, 2008, 2:12 AM

Post #6 of 7 (9351 views)
Shortcut

if your broke and unwillingly for a tech's help, you may eventually remove the tape by disassembling the loading frame, but there are springs and as un-experienced as you are, you are technically braking both the tape and the vcr. Why not disposed the whole thing? Removing the tape doesn't make the vcr working properly after the stucked tape, The problem repeat one after another. Can you conscientiously call this fixing?

denonjapan
made in japan

rrobor
Veteran

Nov 6, 2008, 8:30 AM

Post #7 of 7 (8959 views)
Shortcut

Its not a model Im familiar with but the usual with panasonic is the loading arm on the left which holds the input guide. IE tape out of cassette round the input guide round the drum round the output guide then back in box. The input guide strips gears so the thing locks up. Here the arm that drives that costs $29 which for what it is is rediculous. but to fix you will need it. To get the tape out, you need to remove a screw on the front right side of the carriage, somewhere round the top right corner of the cassette box. With that screw out, you can then lift the carriage enough to jump the gears and lift the tape out. With the tape out then you can get into the rest of the screws to unplug and lift the deck out. With that out its easy to check the gearing. If you do fix it and dont change the gear it may work but will jump out on the first tight tape. Timing of gears is easy, on these its not rocket science.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)