Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
ejecting issue with Magnavox ZV427MG9

bwana
New User

Dec 2, 2015, 3:06 AM

Post #1 of 2 (4415 views)
Shortcut
ejecting issue with Magnavox ZV427MG9 Can't Post

Just got a clean working Magnavox ZV427MG9 VHD/DVD dubbing deck...it plays tapes fine and is in nice shape.
Seems to have low miles since its cosmetically new looking and was manufactured in 2011.
However when ejecting tapes the sensor which knows to open the hatch simultaneously as the tape is ejecting seems to be off cause the tape comes out but with a small section of tape remaining inside that comes out when I push the hatch open.
Then I have to wind that portion back into the housing.
What could be causing this to happen and can I get it taken care of somewhat inexpensively since I really like the unit otherwise and need it to do quite a bit of VHS to DVD dubbing in the very near future?
Thanks in advance for any advice with this.

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 2, 2015, 10:07 AM

Post #2 of 2 (4408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bwana] ejecting issue with Magnavox ZV427MG9 [In reply to] Can't Post

Replace or refurbish the MODE switch. Especially if Funai made machine. Don't break anything or mess up the machine's 'timing' while doing so.

Front plastic cover and / or cassette door may not have been properly assembled to front of unit.

Finally, reel takeup/supply could have a worn belt or other part. Observation with top cover removed and a 'dummy' tape may help you to check for proper torque, etc.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)