Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
This forum is COOL! I need help though. Sony SLV-760HF Crinkling edges.

phuzzyday
New User

Dec 25, 2017, 7:50 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1692 views)
Shortcut
This forum is COOL! I need help though. Sony SLV-760HF Crinkling edges. Can't Post

This place is a goldmine! Wish I knew about it sooner.

Anyway, I have that Sony VCR, I appreciate that it's quality is better than some, so I would like to get it all working.

It has two remaining problems. One, After you rewind, it gets 'stuck' with a code 3L 10 cc. When you hit a button, you hear a motor whir for a few seconds, and then it stops with the code. If you leave it alone for a while, it clicks and starts moving again. I can't find any belts that aren't toothed, (quality!!) so I can't figure out where the whir is or how to fix it.

Two - After the pinch roller, there is a post that the tape goes around, and the tape is riding high, or low, crinkling the edges of the tape. Now I adjusted the A/C head angle to try to get the tape tensions set more evenly, but it seems like if it cools down, or you change a tape, it could go either way again. Seems like I'm trying to balance a ball on another ball... Something else is causing uneven pull. It obviously is riding high or low through the pinch when it happens, but the pinch is holding solid on top and bottom, so I don't THINK it's that, but I am not sure. I can't figure out how it started. No trauma that I know of. It is also possible that it is related to the tapes themselves. They are all recorded at EP from the same old video camera, and it almost seems like they are worse than others, but they work on another VCR.... RCA VR646HF. WHich I think needs a new belt. It's not rewinding well. But that's another post.

Anyone have any ideas?

I REALLY appreciate all the people willing to help out in here. Make no mistake, I have tried all the obvious, and bought a service manual, but it was missing the adjustment section...

Thanks!!

PD

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 26, 2017, 6:52 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1684 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phuzzyday] This forum is COOL! I need help though. Sony SLV-760HF Crinkling edges. [In reply to] Can't Post

https://elektrotanya.com/...iv.pdf/download.html

-------------------------

phuzzyday
New User

Dec 27, 2017, 7:16 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1677 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] This forum is COOL! I need help though. Sony SLV-760HF Crinkling edges. [In reply to] Can't Post

That... is... AWESOME! Thank you!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)