Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
Blaupunkt RTV-926 (rebadged Panasonic) SVHS VCR keeps ejecting tapes

pounder
New User

Mar 15, 2015, 9:41 AM

Post #1 of 2 (3791 views)
Shortcut
Blaupunkt RTV-926 (rebadged Panasonic) SVHS VCR keeps ejecting tapes Can't Post

My s-vhs Blaupunkt RTV-926 (rebadged Panasonic) started having problems a while ago starting with a F06 message intermittently when in use. Then the tape got stuck inside and I managed to get it out following the k-mechanism service manual procedure. Now it just does what it does in the video (tape loads and ejects - nothing else). I looked up possible problems with fixes and the most common one I found was the loading motor coupler being cracked. I've since replaced this (yes it was cracked) but didn't make any difference. The next most common problem was the mode switch which I replaced but still no change. Third was the alignment which I made sure all the holes lined up as per the service manual. I also replaced the metal carriage load gear and the plastic one that connects directly to it. Still no difference. If anyone can offer any other suggestions to fix it would be greatly appreciated as it's a great machine when it was working. Here's my machine showing the problem on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDECZ6IQFUY <br>

(This post was edited by pounder on Mar 15, 2015, 9:48 AM)

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 15, 2015, 5:04 PM

Post #2 of 2 (3777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pounder] Blaupunkt RTV-926 (rebadged Panasonic) SVHS VCR keeps ejecting tapes [In reply to] Can't Post

A tarnished NOS MODE switch is as bad as a tarnished original MODE switch.
I'd carefully take apart the switch, run a typewriter eraser (you may use pointed eraser on a pencil) around each 'track' until it shines, brush out debris, spread a small amount of a non-hardening grease around inside and carefully reassemble. If metal shorting piece is not at approx. 45 degree angle, hold your thumbnail at bending point and gently bend up to about 45 degrees with a flat screwdriver or trowel.

Make sure MODE switch engages contacts on PC board. Check solder joints on all stand-up sensors.

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Mar 15, 2015, 6:12 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)