Samsung VR5709

322buick
New User

Nov 8, 2008, 1:16 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2333 views)
Shortcut
Samsung VR5709 Can't Post

Hello,
I have a Samsung VR5709 that is, for the most part, still new. This because I could never trust it. Since new, when used to record, at times the copy would end up with no sound. The next time the sound would copy although somewhat muffled. Thus, the non-trust issue. It's also never had a quality picture [coarse and grainy]. Are these notorious for these traits or is there a fix.
Many thanks,
Mike

techchris
Veteran

Nov 8, 2008, 4:41 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2327 views)
Shortcut
Re: [322buick] Samsung VR5709 [In reply to] Can't Post

check the connection to the erase head,which is to the left of the video headdrum on the outside of the tape path.there are two wires connected to the top with a plug and socket.these get loose so either tighten the socket with a squeeze of pliers or better still cut off the plug and solder the wires to the two pins on the top of the erase head.the picture looks bad possibly because you are now used to DVD quality

322buick
New User

Nov 8, 2008, 11:36 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2324 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Samsung VR5709 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chris,
Thanks so much for your rapid response. I will perform your suggestion ASAP. I appreciate your expertise. Also, the picture quality has never compared to my other 12 VCR's. Yes, I love VCR's as I can go from room to room to room with a tape and start right where I left off instantly. DVDs just don't offer that convenience or practicality.
Thanks again for your help Chris.
T'care,
Mike

rrobor
Veteran

Nov 9, 2008, 12:40 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2321 views)
Shortcut
Re: [322buick] Samsung VR5709 [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds to me like a dirty or misaligned AC head. First thing to check though is your tapes, see if they are wrinkled at the bottom edge. If they are it will give you that effect. If you have wrinkled tapes its due to it being misaligned or a dull tape path. You can check this by feeling how taut the tape is from the side going into the head whilst working to the side going into the casette. The AC head is the head between the video head drum and the part of the casette where the take up spool is, give it a good scrub with a soft cloth and some alcohol. If the tape is too taut on the outside of the drum the takeup spool will pull it down on the bottomlip of the AC head and wrinkle it. If you need that fix get back to me.

322buick
New User

Nov 9, 2008, 1:49 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2320 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Samsung VR5709 [In reply to] Can't Post

rrobor,
Thanks much. I'll get after it and let you know if I need more info.
T'care
Mike Smile

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)