Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
Sanyo VCR possessed (or just broken?) Seriously, help!

onawire
New User

Jan 14, 2006, 12:02 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1841 views)
Shortcut
Sanyo VCR possessed (or just broken?) Seriously, help! Can't Post

Okay, this is going to sound totally bizarre, but my vcr just started acting very strange. I clicked the down button to go to a different channel (my vcr is hooked to my tv..meaning my cable line goes into my vcr) and all by itself it started running through all the channels. Okay, that's really hard to explain. Say I was on channel 36 and I clicked down to go to 35..well after I did that it would stop for a second and keep running through the channels; 34, 33, 32, 31..etc. And if it hits LINE1 it'll go through the entire list over and over again until I unplug it from the plug. If I plug it back in and try to go down or up one channel again it does the channel surfing by itself thing all over again. What could cause this? I thought it was my remote, which it can't be because the button isn't stuck and I changed the batteries after it did that the first time. Also, when it was running through the channels I clicked the power button on the vcr itself but it wouldn't shut off nor would any of the other buttons on the vcr work. This thing worked perfectly before. I had absolutely no problems with it.

The only thing I can think of is that my dad was using one of the outlets on the house outside and it's hooked to my power braker (mine only mind you) and whenever he'd saw wood with the electric saw he had plugged in it would turn off my electric. He did this at least a dozen times for 3 days. Um and the only other thing I can remember is that last night (I keep my tv on all night because I usually fall asleep watching) that emergency broadcast thing came on. I heard the sound from the tv out in the living room but all that happened on my screen was a blue screen and then it came back to the channel I was watching. I really didn't noticed anything suspicious this morning, but it seemed to work fine. Just now it started acting this way. What could be wrong? Will I have to replace it?

This vcr is a Sanyo VWM-900. Like I said it worked perfectly until just a few minutes ago. Please help. It's rather annoying.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)