Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
Sharp VC-MH722 - No picture or sound

ipotts
New User

Jan 5, 2010, 1:26 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2343 views)
Shortcut
Sharp VC-MH722 - No picture or sound Can't Post

I have an Sharp VC-MH722 video recorder. It was working okay before I shifted house. Now when I plug it in I can't find it on my TV with a manual or auto scan (the same TV that was working with the video before the move). When I press the channel button on the video it only has AUX or 1 (with PR in the top right corner, which the manual says stands for preset). I can't get channels 1-5 or L1, L2, L3 on the video’s LCD display like I used to, only AUX or 1 with PR. I've tried the menu + down channel button simultaneous press for 3 sec to reset it, but it didn't work. I've also tried holding the menu button for 3 sec from standby mode to force it to find a new output channel. Can you please help me with this?

techchris
Veteran

Jan 5, 2010, 3:02 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ipotts] Sharp VC-MH722 - No picture or sound [In reply to] Can't Post

connect A/V socket on the vcr to A/V in on the tv.can you see a picture when you play a tape?

ipotts
New User

Jan 6, 2010, 11:13 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2334 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Sharp VC-MH722 - No picture or sound [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello, thank you for the reply. Yes I have connected the AV out coax on the video to the AV in coax on the TV. When I put the tape in and press play, the counter increments, and I can hear the heads running normally. However when I auto or manual scan through all the TV channels I get no picture at all. I've also tried a range of video tapes, and a few different coax cables and still have the problem. I think the video is perhaps stuck in the preset mode where you select the channel/frequency for it to transmit on, since it has PR in the top right, which the manual says is preset. But when I try to do the preset by holding down the menu button for 3 seconds, after power on and while in standby mode, it does nothing. You are meant to be able to reset the unit by holding the channel down button and the menu button for 10sec, but that doesn't seem to work either. I think it is stuck in the preset mode but I can't get it out of this state. I'm wondering if there is another way to reset the box, perhaps internally if I remove the lid?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)