New User

Jan 9, 2006, 1:24 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1770 views)
Shortcut
VCR/ TV combo mystery Can't Post

VCR/ TV combo mystery Edit | Delete | Quote | Reply
TV VCR Combo Edit | Delete | Quote | Reply
VCR/ TV Combo GE Model 19TVR60, Serial B48415107

The pin on the lower eject lever (that goes into the bottom of the eject/ play control wheel) was broken. I am on a lighthouse so my tools and access to parts are near to nil. I removed the lever. I manufactured a new pin. I drilled and JB Welded the new pin in place. Upon reassembly the mechanical repair is a success, but now the TV is not working. When I plug the unit into the wall I hear a slight audio pop from the speaker and the VCR energizes, and I hear a relay snap but the tube does not energize. It was working fine before the mechanical repair. I have given it a visual/sniff test, and I don't see anything wrong or any hookups left undone. Where do I start to identify the cause?

rrobor
User

Jan 3, 2006, 8:26 PM

Post #2 of 4 (34 views)
Copy Shortcut
Report Post to Moderator
Re: [tinkering] TV VCR Combo [In reply to] Quote | Reply
Ok I dont know the model but the usual reason for this is the timing is incorrect. There is usually some form of mode switch which tells the micro the position the unit is in IE tape loads then arms pull out as heads spin. If this is not correct, what happens is the micro gets confused and switches the thing off. So look for timing marks on wheels, they usually all align with the tape out. We have one unit here where if a belt slips at startup the TV cuts out.

tinkering
New User

Jan 4, 2006, 6:02 PM

Post #4 of 4 (22 views)
Copy Shortcut
Report Post to Moderator
Re: [tinkering] TV VCR Combo [In reply to] Edit | Delete | Quote | Reply
It looks like the timing is right. I found notches and marks. Will there be more than one position that the big white control wheel will mesh with the pins underneath? I pulled it off again and it looks like there is no choice as to how it aligns. The timing notch between the white wheel and the wee wheel above it seems like it will only fit one way too. I can't see any other finer tuning. Is there anything else you can tell me or suggest here? It sure sounded logical what you were saying about the timing but I can't see how to do it other than how I have.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)