Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
VCR problem with rewinding

9710A+
New User

Nov 25, 2013, 10:21 PM

Post #1 of 3 (3127 views)
Shortcut
VCR problem with rewinding Can't Post

Hi Wink I'm new to this forum! English is not my first language but I always try my best to write properly.

My problem is that I have a very old VHS recorder (well I don't know if it's very old, but the way it looks tell me it is) and it still works even if it has many small problems but there's one problem that's really annoying me.

On modern VCR when you press rewind it rewind while showing the picture and if you press it one more time it rewinds quicker without picture but on this old one pressing the rewind button rewinds the tape quickly without picture and pressing the visual search rewind button rewinds the tape while showing the picture.

The problem is that the VCR has no problem rewinding but when I press visual search rewind to rewind with picture the left spindle doesn't move so the tape gets everywhere inside the VCR!

Why is it doing that and how can it be fixed?

I hope you understand!

Here are scans of the pages from the manual that explains what's visual search in case my description of it doesn't make any sense Wink

http://i43.tinypic.com/20pokmc.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/30x8osm.jpg

(This post was edited by 9710A+ on Nov 25, 2013, 11:27 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 25, 2013, 11:34 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3122 views)
Shortcut
Re: [9710A+] VCR problem with rewinding [In reply to] Can't Post

As your own manual proves - this VCR's buttons work differently.

Model (Probably VT-9710A)? On front cover of manual or rear panel of machine.

Do FF (Fast Forward) & FF Search (Cue) also behave similarly (but with right spindle)?
You didn't say how much tape was on each reel of the video cassette cartridge - you may have to get tape to the same amount on the opposite reels before it affects?

Possibly involves

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Nov 25, 2013, 11:48 PM)

9710A+
New User

Nov 26, 2013, 12:03 AM

Post #3 of 3 (3110 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] VCR problem with rewinding [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes it's a Hitachi VT-9710A.

FF and FF Search works perfectly only rewind search doesn't work and it doesn't matter how much tape is on each reel.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)