Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
42" Hitachi Ultravision "HDTV Ready" video problems

KayBee
New User

Oct 29, 2009, 4:16 AM

Post #1 of 2 (3081 views)
Shortcut
42" Hitachi Ultravision "HDTV Ready" video problems Can't Post

I see a whole bunch of posts about the Hitachi TVs. I moved my tv to get behind and hook up the XBox component cables (the extra Y, Pr, Pb ones). I've done this several times trying to get my Xbox to work in HDTV mode- never works. So, I got tired and gave up. I moved the TV back into place. I didn't bump the TV or drop anything on it. Nothing happened. I just moved the XBox back to the bedroom and watch it there.

So, it was about one or two days before I turned on the big Hitachi. I couldn't get anything to work. I've tried every setting possible in the menu (which is difficult to do when every work is yellow and red with static in the background). What a pain!

So, there are shadows of red on yellow and green on blue. (I doubt that makes sense.) I've read a little online and see I probably have a convergence problem or something. There are probably websites to help narrow down the problem but I haven't found them yet.

Here are my questions: If my TV needs to be opened up to check out the guts, how do I find a good person? I mean, what is the normal cost for this type of thing? I live 30 minutes from a medium sized town. I know there is a fee just to have a person come out. Is there something I can do to save some money or time? Of course, the TV is heavy. Do I have to drop it off or is it better to have somebody come out?

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 29, 2009, 6:01 AM

Post #2 of 2 (3069 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KayBee] 42" Hitachi Ultravision "HDTV Ready" video problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Time for another round of the very popular game show:
"Let's all try to guess which 42" Hitachi the person is referring to."Angelic

PARTS (IC's, resistors, fuses - if you were to obtain yourself) $20 - $80 depending on Quality/website.

House call $50.00 and up. Most will apply this charge towards the TOTAL - IF you go with them for the repair.
TOTAL convergence repair: $250.00 and up.
Some will do the work "in home," some will pull the chassis - take in to their shop - change parts - then return and reinstall chassis.

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Oct 29, 2009, 6:02 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)