Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
Hitachi Ultravision Model 60SX8B

mickstr68
New User

Jun 7, 2008, 5:49 PM

Post #1 of 5 (4964 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi Ultravision Model 60SX8B Can't Post

I have a 60" Hitachi Ultravision Model 60SX8B Manufactured in Jan 95. I LOVE THIS TV! Can only hope it last me another 13++++++ years. Recently, when I power the TV on, the picture rolls like there is a problem with the vertical hold. This lasts maybe a minute and never more than two, at which point I guess the set has warmed up and then this stops.
What causes this and is it something that I can fix myself?
Thanks for any and all replies!

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jun 13, 2008, 7:35 PM

Post #2 of 5 (4947 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickstr68] Hitachi Ultravision Model 60SX8B [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello, could you please provide me with a chassis number; it should be written on the back somewhere -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

hgierman
New User

Sep 22, 2008, 11:20 PM

Post #3 of 5 (4855 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] Hitachi Ultravision Model 60SX8B [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi I have the same problem I have a 60sx9k and the image rolls, like the v synch is off, the numbers on the back are 60sx9k v4j000147 manufacture date of October 1994. It seems when its on for a while it works.....sometimes.... Any help? Thanks

Chrisry696
New User

Oct 15, 2008, 1:20 AM

Post #4 of 5 (4806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickstr68] Hitachi Ultravision Model 60SX8B [In reply to] Can't Post

Check the suface mount caps. Repairman, chassis is AP43b. To be honest, If you like the set and it has a good picture when it works, call a T.V. tech to fix it. Do you have an ESR meter? Need one to fix. This is a sophisticated piece of elertronic equiptment you paid big$$$$ for. Don't get cheap on me now!! It's a 60" for christ's sake!! Call someone before it gets butchered. Yeah, these are nice sets!!!! Do your homework on who you have come out.

dkdhas3
User

Oct 15, 2008, 1:37 AM

Post #5 of 5 (4805 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chrisry696] Hitachi Ultravision Model 60SX8B [In reply to] Can't Post

there are probably as Chrisry696 said defective surface mounted electrolitics(12) in the comb filter that is very common. surface mounted work is no joke. this is not something even technicians out there do not attempt and should not in a lot of cases. i have repaired quite a few experienced technicians surface mounted errors, do no attempt if you want a tv at all. tell the service man that this is possibly going to be the case and get a feel for his reaction to the surface mounted thing.
good luck

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)