Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
Philips no picture no sound, power button blinks 9 times

daducesir
New User

May 25, 2012, 5:12 PM

Post #1 of 1 (8344 views)
Shortcut
Philips no picture no sound, power button blinks 9 times Can't Post

after convergence chip set replaced no sound and no picture Edit | Delete | Quote | Reply
Hi
I have a Philips 60pp9202/17 model Tv, I had a convergence problem and ordered a kit to replace, I replaced it with quality parts, after removing some china made chips that caused the tv to burn up resisters #3151 and 3152, ( I have a reading of 4.6 ohms on resisters in Line) when I take reading) now that I put the new stk 392-120's in and tested the resistance of the other resisters ,When I press the on button
1.I get a click sound, of a start
2.a quick flash center screen(sometimes nothing at all)
3.a power button light stays on for about 7 seconds and goes out
4.a second restart attempt (sometimes) stays on for aprox 12 seconds and cuts out
5.power button flashes 9 times and repeats this process of flashing
until I unplug the set, I cannot turn it off without unplugging it.
6. when I unplug the white connector on the side of CB that joins the SSM panel to the center CB the Tv does the same exact thing.
I do have a good working knowledge with the basic knowledge about components and how they operate or are suppose to operate, and can solder and cut parts out of circuits to do a process of elimination if need be to get down to the troubleshooting of components.
I can follow instructions clearly and respond in detail, I have the manual and can read basic diagrams and the schematics
Please if you can assist me it will be much appreciated

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)