Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
Pioneer sd-p4682 Convergence?

styx62
New User

Dec 12, 2005, 7:40 AM

Post #1 of 2 (3570 views)
Shortcut
Pioneer sd-p4682 Convergence? Can't Post

Seems my blue convergence is off. I have what looks like blue re-trace lines towards the top of the screen, with a darker blue line towards the center, also its lloks to be pin cushoned - this is only affecting the blue gun, the picture looks fine except for the blue. The blue convergence is off towads the bottem, well actually the whole screen.... I replace about 5 caps (all of them 100 to 160volt caps) same results, althouth the tv looked good for about 10 minutes after wards, but I'm not sure if thats because of a cold start??? The picture is messed up right the get go now - It was also streching at 1 point, but I belive I solvved that with bad soder connectiions. Does this set have the stk4277 in it that I've read so much about? Could it be that chip causing the problem? Thanks Frank

styx62
New User

Dec 13, 2005, 7:05 AM

Post #2 of 2 (3560 views)
Shortcut
Re: [styx62] Pioneer sd-p4682 Convergence? [In reply to] Can't Post

I figured it out. I replaced the stk4277 with a generic and it works. Although I was not paying attention, and because the ic is mounted backwards and upside down, I installed it in reverse and blew out the resistor r3167 which is a 22k ohm, just not sure what wattage rating on it is. My set is up and running, but I better make sure I get the right watt resisitor, anyone know? frank

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)