Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
Problems with Sony KP57WV700 Big Screen TV

bert69
New User

Mar 5, 2006, 1:57 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3366 views)
Shortcut
Problems with Sony KP57WV700 Big Screen TV Can't Post

I've had the blue curved horizontal lines problem on my Sony KP57WV700 big screen TV for a few months now. The TV is on 3 years old. Last night the entire screen turned blue. Now everytime I turn the TV on it it slowly fades 15-20 seconds to solid blue with the darker blue arches at the top and bottom of the screen. The blue totally fades out the on screen menu and any channel display when you have them on. You see nothing just blue. I can't believe such a relatively new TV could be having this problem. My parents still have and own my 1994 RCA bigscreen and its still going strong. Sony of course was of no help they simply told me to look for a serviceman in my area to come look at and fix it. Does anybody have the service manual for this particular model and have any ideas on what I need to do to fix it my problem. This is my first post and from what I have read this is a great and informative site. Thank you all for your time and hopefully help in fixing my problem.

ramseyjohn
New User

Nov 30, 2006, 5:06 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bert69] Problems with Sony KP57WV700 Big Screen TV [In reply to] Can't Post

Were you ever able to fix this problem? I am having the same problem as you described and would really appreciate the help...

visualtv
New User

Dec 1, 2006, 7:13 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3110 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bert69] Problems with Sony KP57WV700 Big Screen TV [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello. I know how to solve the problem, i've repaired many in my store. It involves a $50 part and a screw driver. I also have the service manual. You can buy it here: http://cgi.ebay.com/...mp;item=270062610171
or you can buy this part from me, I can ship it to you. email me aly2k@hotmail.com

visualtv
New User

Dec 1, 2006, 7:15 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3109 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ramseyjohn] Problems with Sony KP57WV700 Big Screen TV [In reply to] Can't Post

see my reply to bert69

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)