Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
Proscan Dead and Beeping!

TVkitty
New User

Sep 28, 2005, 7:14 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2899 views)
Shortcut
Proscan Dead and Beeping! Can't Post

Please help! My Proscan TV had a loud pop last night, and then it went dead. Now, there is continuous beeping. It is a 50 inch proscan, and bought it in 1999. It is dead, and it won't come back on. I only hear beeping from the back of the TV. Any suggestions?

joe_mn
New User

Oct 5, 2005, 3:17 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2878 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TVkitty] Proscan Dead and Beeping! [In reply to] Can't Post

my samsung rptv died during a lightening storm. same symptoms. would not turn on and beeping sound. turned out to be a blown coated fuse on the circuit board. maybe you got lucky. check all your on board glass fuses and perhaps it may be as simple as that.

RosalindLJ
New User

Oct 7, 2005, 3:56 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2872 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TVkitty] Proscan Dead and Beeping! [In reply to] Can't Post

Same thing just happened to me (10/7) on a 36" Proscan TV. I'm not too sure how old it is but it's older then a '99. I didn't hear the "Pop" but I woke up to find it beeping. I'm guessing it did pop. I do not feel competent enough to go in and mess around with fuses though -- even if I could figure out how to open it up.

TVkitty
New User

Oct 16, 2005, 3:21 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2848 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joe_mn] Proscan Dead and Beeping! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the help! I'll check it out. It's a really large TV, and I don't have any way to move it. I wonder if the repairman will come to my house. I hope so. I hope it doesn't cost too much to fix. Smile Thanks again for the replies.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)