Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
RCA P46101WK picture problem

greenetime
New User

May 24, 2008, 1:02 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2682 views)
Shortcut
RCA P46101WK picture problem Can't Post

The problem I'm having is that the left 1/3 or so of the screen is dominated by the blue color. Could this just be the blue light needs to be adjusted or refocused/reaimed or something like that? Any and all input on my problem will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any replies.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jun 5, 2008, 2:05 AM

Post #2 of 4 (2661 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenetime] RCA P46101WK picture problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello, I am very familiar with that type of RCA set. I'm sure I will be able to assist you but first are you able to post a picture on here of what your set looks like with the dominating blue color? If I could see what it is you are trying to describe I might have better luck in diagnosing it -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

(This post was edited by Repair man on Jun 5, 2008, 3:14 AM)

greenetime
New User

Jun 7, 2008, 12:31 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2653 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] RCA P46101WK picture problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok i'm not sure what the reason behind this is but the symptoms are not what they first were. I cleaned the dust off the 3 lights is the only thing i did. But the whole picture is very staticy(fuzzy), like a bad connection or something. And there's a green shadow effect that comes and goes on it. And the worst is there's a noise coming from it that sounds something like an air leak. Its static but its similar sounding to an air leak is the best i can describe it. I think its coming from either the blue light or something in that vacinity, on the left side as i put my head in from the back of the set. I'm not sure if i'm giving the best desciption of these things but i'm trying. I wish i knew how to record the sound and put it on here for you to hear yourself. I think i can manage the picture part though. I'll take a pic of the static and shadowing as soon as i borrow a friends camera.

(This post was edited by greenetime on Jun 7, 2008, 12:36 PM)

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jun 13, 2008, 7:57 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2636 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenetime] RCA P46101WK picture problem [In reply to] Can't Post

The sound you are describing sounds like the high voltage from the flyback or high voltage divider. DO NOT touch these wires with the set plug in. There is around 15,000 volts running through these wires. It might be that one of them have came loose (could have happened while cleaning the tubes). The wires I'm referring to are heavy red wires (the biggest red wires you'll find in the set). There will be one coming from the flyback transformer to a voltage divider & then 3 of the same size wires leading from there going one to each tube. If one of these wires came loose in the voltage divider or flyback, it would make the sound you are describing & would also cause the picture to look as if it had a lot of static. With the set off & unplugged, push on each of these wires trying to seat them back in to their sockets at the flyback & voltage divider ... The only other thing I can think of that would make that sound in the focus block. They sometimes crack & high voltage will arc out of them; this could also give you picture related problems. The focus block is often located in the front of the set behind the speaker grill behind a removable cover plate. This has 6 controls on it 3 for adjusting the focus of each tube & 3 for how much screen control for each tube. Turn all lights off in a dark room while set is running & see if there are any sparks coming from the area of the noise you are describing. -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

(This post was edited by Repair man on Jun 13, 2008, 8:03 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)