Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
RCA P60812BL burn in

huskazz
New User

Nov 27, 2006, 8:32 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2723 views)
Shortcut
RCA P60812BL burn in Can't Post

I've noticed that my RCA P60812BL has some burned in images on it. Namely a permanent ESPN watermark and scores crawl on the bottom. My question is this. What is being burned? Is it the color guns? Or the screen? And is it worth fixing?

MOtvGuy
User

Nov 27, 2006, 11:37 AM

Post #2 of 5 (2720 views)
Shortcut
Re: [huskazz] RCA P60812BL burn in [In reply to] Can't Post

Your 3 crts have been burned. To repair will mean replacing them. Cost? $600 +. Is it worth it? That's up to you.

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 28, 2006, 3:50 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2716 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MOtvGuy] RCA P60812BL burn in [In reply to] Can't Post

SlySlySlyThis is exactly what I don't understand who do this extreme and to those who expose themselves but upon knowing the truth, they kinda set back and ask if it is worth??? do they mean the money in gamble or the experience they about to discover?. if no one loose nobody wins! You will never know what happiness means unless you're not willing to sacrifice. just a thought!

denonjapan
made in japan

huskazz
New User

Nov 30, 2006, 9:19 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2701 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MOtvGuy] RCA P60812BL burn in [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the info Motv guy. And as for you Denondude. When I asked if it was worth fixing. What I meant, without wasting my time typing my thoughts down. Was that I salvaged this set from the junkyard, tossed in a flyback and brought it back to life. I now have 35.00 tied up in this project. The picture is probably as good as the day it was purchased, with the aformentioned burned-in water marks. It's not HD, but the picture quality is comparable to some HDTV projection sets. But now that I know how much it would cost to get rid of the burned images, I will save my money and send this thing to the curb when my new plasma arrives. Thanks again MOtvGuy, and I'd be careful having a user name with Denon in it. Denon gear is not worthy of sitting on Walmart shelves. Just saying. later.

MOtvGuy
User

Dec 3, 2006, 3:23 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2685 views)
Shortcut
Re: [huskazz] RCA P60812BL burn in [In reply to] Can't Post

Just an FYI. I didn't fully answer your question in the beginning. It's the phospour coating on the inside of the CRT that has burned. Unlike a plasma which can often have it's burn in removed with the whitewash feature of the plasma TV's, that won't work with a CRT set. that image is permanently burnt into the tube. Sorry.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)