Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
RCA P60920bl power issues

huskazz
New User

Sep 23, 2006, 4:17 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2955 views)
Shortcut
RCA P60920bl power issues Can't Post

My P60920bl set is giving me issues. When I hit the power on switch it clicks a few times like it tries to come on, then it does nothing. Would my flylback transformer be the problem? I have some electronic background, but am new with television troubleshooting. Thanks in advance, Eric

Larry E
User

Sep 25, 2006, 1:31 AM

Post #2 of 4 (2946 views)
Shortcut
Re: [huskazz] RCA P60920bl power issues [In reply to] Can't Post

Eric, try unsoldering and removing the Horizontal output transistor, then start the set, you didn`t post the chassis number but on most RCA`s this will result in turn on with audio but no picture of course, if you get the set to start with audio after removing the HOT then your flyback is bad or possibly the splitter but sounds like fly to me, Larry E ps, be sure to Ohm out the HOT E to C, if you get a low reading the HOT must be replaced, Larry E

huskazz
New User

Sep 25, 2006, 3:10 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2938 views)
Shortcut

Right, I should've noted that it is chassis # PTK195KC. I'm in the process of locating my solder vacuum, the wick doesn't cut it. How would isolate the fly from the splitter? Also do you know any good references on cleaning and aligning the set? Thanks, Eric

(This post was edited by huskazz on Sep 25, 2006, 3:18 PM)

Larry E
User

Sep 27, 2006, 1:34 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2921 views)
Shortcut

Eric, the 195`s are notorious for bad flybacks and I have never had to replace a splitter on a 195 chassis, change the flyback kit (comes with resistor & disc cap & direction sheet when you order fly) Only thing you should have to clean is the top of the lenses and the mirror IF IT`S GLASS, if it`s not glass DO NOT clean it, you can blow the dust out of the back but don`t use canned air use a compressor with a low pressure nozzle, leaning on heatsinks etc. causes more headaches, unless it`s veeery dirty inside leave it alone.
What adjustments are you referring to? Larry E

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)