Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
Samsung PCK5315r problem! Please help.

clayton993
New User

Jul 18, 2008, 12:55 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2566 views)
Shortcut
Samsung PCK5315r problem! Please help. Can't Post

I have a samsung pck5315r rear projection tv. Anyways it started shutting off on its own. It used to work for hours and then shut off and now it does it alot sooner. The tv turns on and works great, but about 5 minutes into watching it, it starts making a hissing noise coming from the back and then shuts off. Sometimes it will make a hiss and then pop loud and shut off. When i try to turn it back on, the red light comes on but the screen and sound is completly off. Any ideas on what this could be? Thanks for the help

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2008, 10:34 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2555 views)
Shortcut
Re: [clayton993] Samsung PCK5315r problem! Please help. [In reply to] Can't Post

From your description it sounds like it could be 1 of 3 things ...

1 -- Flyback transformer

2 -- Voltage block

3 -- Focus block

Take the lower back part of the TV off (not the upper part) In completely dark room turn the set on while watching in the back of the TV. You should see some sparks or arcing when you hear the noise you described. Once you locate this arcing come back on here and describe the part that is arcing and we'll help you with instructions of how to change it.

With any luck there is one more possibility for Samsung sets and that is a tiny high voltage capacitor that is located just next to the flyback transformer. These caps will often break down over time & begin to arc internally. If you're lucky and it's just this cap you can fix it yourself for under $2 -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)