Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
Smart Guys Only

heydave
New User

Jul 6, 2007, 3:57 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2646 views)
Shortcut
Smart Guys Only Can't Post

I have a 61" sony big screen year model 2000 model# kp-61s75 Cant find a repair so needed some info if anyone could. The t.v. went out, no picture or sound. The self diagnosis light flashed 4 times, which i am told indicates no vertical deflection and sony says to check ic509 and q1505 but no one can tell me what these are or let me know if it is something I could possibly fix myself or what I should expect to pay at a repair shop, so I figured I would hand out this problem to all you TV repair pros out there on this forum!!!!!!!! A BIG THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

denonjapan
Veteran

Jul 18, 2007, 3:17 AM

Post #2 of 5 (2618 views)
Shortcut
Re: [heydave] Smart Guys Only [In reply to] Can't Post

heydave! Im surprize how and what smart individual could help you when you told but have no idea what are those. How can anyone relate to you?

denonjapan
made in japan

techchris
Veteran

Jul 20, 2007, 6:08 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2610 views)
Shortcut

look on the circuit boards.all components are numbered so replace the two that Sony advised.

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Aug 3, 2007, 8:22 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2586 views)
Shortcut

The old blinkie L.E.D. is basically a starting point. It tells ya where the set thinks the problem is. But they are not always right. The four blinks tells ya vertical has stopped and the set has shut down, now this is where an expearnced tech comes in to play. With Sony projections there weak link is NOT the vertical IC. We would probley go to the convergence IC’s first. Why would we do this? If you can follow on the attached schematic you can see the vertical IC on the top right, from pin 2 you see the B+ supply voltage. Now follow that around and you see it ties directly to the B+ for both convergence Ic’s then travels down to a fuse, Now if the convergence Ic’s fail ( And this is the most common problem with this type of set ) it will open that fuse and kill power to the vertical and that gives you the 4 blink dead vertical code. So if you are a little low on test equipment and experience, simple test the two fuses to see if there open, and if they are change both convergence Ic’s and the fuse first, then worry about the vertical if the set won’t start.
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.
Attachments: Main.pdf (374 KB)

heydave
New User

Aug 4, 2007, 11:31 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2577 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemaiertv] Smart Guys Only [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the great info and schematic Mike, I have had several different answers from this forum as well as some local guys here in Houston. I usually like to start with the small and simple things first and no one has explained it to me the way you did. It seems that most of them was more interested in charging me an outragous fee just for looking at it not to mention the cost of just getting it to their shop. If just one of them would have broke it down the way you did I would have gladly taken it to their shop. You must have tons of happy customers! So Ill give it a try and let you know what happens, by the way if it is a fuse problem, to get a replacement do I need to order it from Sony or could I possibly find it at a local electronics store? THANKS AGAIN MIKE-----------Dave

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)