Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
buying a used one?

bean
New User

Apr 15, 2007, 11:42 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2554 views)
Shortcut
buying a used one? Can't Post

I have a chance to buy a mitsubishi 55 inch big screen. hd ready, about 5 years old, supposedly in real good shape and HD ready for 500 bucks. comes with a sep. dvd player.

its a nice looking big screen for 500.

am i taking a huge risk here? evidently, the guy selling it bought another big screen (plasma) on impulse, now he's got two and only needs one...

thoughts?

techchris
Veteran

Apr 16, 2007, 6:04 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bean] buying a used one? [In reply to] Can't Post

I would not pay $500 for a 5 year old tv.offer 150 take it or leave it,and make sure you see it working before.

denonjapan
Veteran

Apr 17, 2007, 12:13 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2545 views)
Shortcut

I don't think I would call a RISK over 5 years old (ouch!!!!!) $500 worth of asking price. However, if you really like it. I really don't care whether you are willing or not but my best thought for you is:> Since you came to this forum over this and can't figure out of yourself alone and Im telling you it's NOT A GOOD THING. if you were in his position switching to plasma, For any reason by the time comes, would you take same chance finding another buyer to get rid of this bulky out of your hands?. It wouldn't be a question then How much are you willing to give it up but IF anybody there is, willing to take....My personal view to the matter? I wouldn't take it even if he's giving it free. I would lend him $500 instead.....BTW You did a good job by not doing anything. Most of all, don't deny yourself from something you really wanted prior to something it's not worth convincing, Cause you will then realized you wished you hadn't.

denonjapan
made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Apr 17, 2007, 12:33 AM)

bean
New User

Apr 17, 2007, 12:38 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2541 views)
Shortcut

thanks to the replies!
logistics of getting it anywhere were the biggest problem, i didn't get it.
we went with a CRT 32" SD model. Only 350, and it suits us a lot better.
A huge tv is not a big priority for us anyway.

Thanks again!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)