Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
help!!!!!!

mascheriad
New User

Aug 7, 2006, 1:55 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2387 views)
Shortcut
help!!!!!! Can't Post

i have a philips 64in .i have had the t.v for 5 years now. i have never had any problems.then the other night i notice that the picture is darker and you can see red lines.i tried to fix but don't know what to do the settings are the same as they have always been.and when i tried to change the settings and it made it worst.does anyone have a clue to what i can do to fix this problem.Frown

hackman
New User

Aug 9, 2006, 12:07 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2374 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mascheriad] help!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

One of a few things, is it only the 'red' with retrace, or are all of the tubes with retrace?
If all are with retrace (look real close) reduce your (brightness on the menu) does it go away?
Possible the 'Flyback' B+ has changed? Or something in the High Voltage Circuit has changed?
Refer to Schematic for B+ setting, and Check Flyback Control, Do not change without Schematic Procedure. It could damage H.Out or other circuits.
--------------------------------
Now if only one Picture Tube 'red' with retrace.
1) Need to check picture tube (red) with a CRT tester to see if G1 is shorted
2) Possible Video Transistor on CRT is shorted (if producing hard retrace in picture)
3) my favorite is isolate failed tube by sub'ing other CRT Circuit to that tube (Red is suspect, use Blue CRT Circuit Board to see if the same problem happens.), mark with marker or paint which circuit is which so not to get confused and waste valuable time.
As always, be careful with Hi-Voltage, it can shock and kill. Please refer to Schematics for this unit, if none are available, seek out a TV Service Tech. to help!
J. (hackman)
My 2 cents

mascheriad
New User

Aug 11, 2006, 1:50 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hackman] help!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for your help i'll check on that

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)