Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
ptk195 not responding

schaaker
New User

Nov 27, 2005, 2:03 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1932 views)
Shortcut
ptk195 not responding Can't Post

I have an RCA 56" big screen. Model#: P56926. Chasis #: PTK195R1P. I bought the TV broken from a big reposession company for cheap So I don't know the history of it or what originally happened to it. The original symptoms were that it would turn on but there was no picture or sound. Wasn't sure exactly what was causing the problem. So I sent the power suplly in to get it repaired thinking that was the problem. But It turned out that the blue crt was blown or shorting out the power supply in some way. TV would work when blue crt was disconnected at yoke. So then I got a new blue CRT and replaced that and the tv started working with descent picture. Now to get to the problems. The major problem I am having is that when I turn the tv on it stops responding completely after like 30 seconds or so, the remote does not do anything nor do the buttons on the front of the tv (have to unplug to shut off). I'm not sure if I bumped a capacitor or a resistor replacing the crt. It used to work for like 15 minutes after it was plugged in before it would stop responding. So I thought it was a loose connections some where and I tried wiggling the connection on the ir circuit board and the power supply where the wires from the ir board connect. I also tried wiggling some of the caps and resitors on the ir board. this is when the problem went from 15 minutes to 30 seconds of reponding. Is there some sort of resistor or capacitor that I should replace or resolder in order to fix this problem? (It seems like if the tv has been on for a while and I go to unplug it and plug it back in to change the channel or the volume that the time is reduced that I have to change things before it stops responding again, like it is heat related).

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Also: After I replaced the blue crt I found that when all tubes are converged properly that the blue seems to have a slightly larger image projected on the screen on all four corners like it needs to zoom in/out somehow. i'm not sure what this means or if it can be adjusted in the service menu. It's like any channel numbers have a blue halo around the part of the number farthest from the center of the screen. This is not a major problem but next in line to get fixed after the shorting out/ loss of response problem is fixed.

Thanks in advance.

You can also e-mail me at: schaaker@aol.com

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)