Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Big Screen TV:
toshiba 50h95 no power

broketv
New User

Oct 24, 2007, 11:31 PM

Post #1 of 3 (3113 views)
Shortcut
toshiba 50h95 no power Can't Post

I had a convergence issue with my toshiba 50h95. I installed new sanyo IC chips and now the set tries to turn on but wont, then the light on the front just flashes. No sound no picture. When first turned on it clicks once and sounds like powers up for a second but then nothing. I checked the connectors I unplugged and rechecked my solder connections. Look ok. Could it just be a poor solder job?

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jun 13, 2008, 9:50 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2947 views)
Shortcut
Re: [broketv] toshiba 50h95 no power [In reply to] Can't Post

These sets are bad for cold solder joints near the ICs you changed, you may have disturbed them while replacing the ICs. Some of these sets also have 3.5 amp pico fuses that open; the fuses are often on the other main board (not the convergence board) they are towards the front of the chassis near the middle. There are two of them side by side that provide voltage to the ICs. If you have a meter you can unplug the set & check the fuses for continuity. The fuses I'm referring to are often small black rectangular shaped fuses I don't recall the part number on the board. There are also a few resistors near the ICs that sometimes go high in value or open. they are larger 1 or 2 watt resistors & are usually around 2.2 ohm resistors; the values will be marked on them, again if you have access to a meter you could check the value of these resistors. These set are also real bad for the plastic supports etc. that hold the chassis gets very brittle so handle it with care.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Chrisry696
New User

Oct 15, 2008, 1:49 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2815 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] toshiba 50h95 no power [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you saying it would work before you got into it, just the convergance was off? If so, then you did something wrong. Check for connectors/wires that may have come off when pulling on the board. I hate to say this, but most people don't know how to solder, so check your work with a magnifing glass. Remember, it worked before, so chances are you did something. It happens to me too and I always have to "check my work" before going off on a tangent looking for something else. Good luck.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)