HACK - TAK8023R Board Assy / SPHE8203 Chip

markosjal
New User

Aug 2, 2009, 5:36 AM

Post #1 of 1 (2820 views)
Shortcut
HACK - TAK8023R Board Assy / SPHE8203 Chip Can't Post

Hello,

I have the TAK8023R=01-080822 Board Assy with SPHE8203R Chip, in a Curtis DVD1093. I have found the following page about the SunPlus chip
http://w3.sunplus.com/products/DVD/sphe8203.asp
I have looked for and requested datasheets with no luck,

I am very interested in hacking this chip / board and I see that this board has a Sanyo label on it, although appears to be from a Manufacturer "Tak"

There is a Jumper on this board as well as a couple of apparently unused options , one of which I believe may be for a 3 in 1 card reader.

I am looking for any info anyone may have on this board, specifically I would like to know if there is a way to hack for a VGA or RGB out, as well as take advantage of the 3 in 1 card reader support. I do see some markings on the bottom side of the board that reference YUV alongside RGB , so thsat leads me to believe it may be possible, given proper firmware support.

According to Curtis this USB port is only 1.X but according to SunPlus , it is 2.0

This board itself supports DIVX and USB and has an HDMI output so there DVD reader could die tomorrow and I would still have a future with this board. <br> <br>Does anyone know if there is a Sanyo or other unit that uses this same board?

Thanks in advance
Mark

(This post was edited by markosjal on Aug 2, 2009, 6:07 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)