Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: DVD Repair Forum:
No sound please help...!

tjlmbklr
New User

Dec 24, 2005, 6:45 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2486 views)
Shortcut
No sound please help...! Can't Post

I own a re-furbished Sony DVP-CX985V(400 disc. mega changer) DVD player, and I run my video and sound through a AVR-1705 Denon receiver. Rrecently I been finding that the sound is not coming on for the DVD. If I wait it eventually will. Sometimes it takes a few minutes. I am not sure if this related to the DVD or the receiver. I did switch the optical cable from the #1 spot to the #2, and vise versa. #1 is for the Satelitte and #2 is for the DVD player. When I switch the sound does work for the Sat. this leads me to beleive that the DVD player is the culprit. I also started using a Monster HTS3600 clean power surge protecter, I doubt it but is it possible that this could have anything to do with my issue. I need some advise before my warranty exspires on my receiver, the DVD I have a three year so that I have time. If anyone knows the answer it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

tjlmbklr

Hect7369
User

Dec 26, 2005, 6:28 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2484 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tjlmbklr] No sound please help...! [In reply to] Can't Post

After using a DVD in 3 years,get an other one.Today,manufactures build electronic components to a limit of use(buying,throw it away),now are cheap.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)