Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: DVD Repair Forum:
Sanyo DWM 400 help

Alston518
New User

Nov 6, 2009, 9:19 PM

Post #1 of 6 (3587 views)
Shortcut
Sanyo DWM 400 help Can't Post

i have a sanyo DWM-400 dvd player. It turns on and works fine, and then after about a minute of watching a movie, it just goes to the blue screen on the tv. The dvd player is still powered on, but its like frozen. It wont power off or open or nothing, all that you can do at this point is unplug it. I am looking for some help on how to troubleshoot this, like what i should check inside the dvd player. I am in school for electronics so i have some experiece with this stuff along with the tools needed. Here are some pics of the inside of the dvd player, Sorry if they are really big im not sure how to resize them......
Thanks!

techchris
Veteran

Nov 7, 2009, 5:31 PM

Post #2 of 6 (3581 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Alston518] Sanyo DWM 400 help [In reply to] Can't Post

try freezer spray to start with to see if is a heat related problem.does it lock up if you are not playing a disc,just with the DVD switched on?

Alston518
New User

Nov 7, 2009, 8:59 PM

Post #3 of 6 (3579 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Sanyo DWM 400 help [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah it does lock up even if the movie isnt playing. Just now i started it up and i started the movie and then i stopped the movie and opened the dvd drive and then closed it and repeated a few times and then it locked up with the dvd drive open. As far as heat though, there wasnt much heat other than the big chip( i think its the CPU) that chip was a little warm but nothing major. Any other ideas?

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 10, 2009, 7:40 AM

Post #4 of 6 (3570 views)
Shortcut

Alston, if you are truly in school for electronics?. Help isn't what you seek when you want to prosper. This is no insult!> Pay attention to the class, and don't let the professor go on without you understood the subject. The more you ask, is likely you will succeed. This is just the beginning and consider it your simple test...I don't normally handouts easy resolutions to nobody but since someone already poured a poison, ( a person rather to be seen ) other than to help you benificially towards your career. Here's the problem:> dvd mechanism ( lens,motor, spindle and all consisting in the assembly). when frozen appears, it locks all commands. DVD player this cheap is totally can wear and tear out at anytime, no guarrantees. There's nothing wrong with the electronics where you presumably spray to contain heat related.LOL! people in this forum just gets on my nerve.WinkWink Not to you though!!!
denonjapan
made in japan

Ron.M
Veteran

Nov 11, 2009, 11:49 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3564 views)
Shortcut

4 u know who;...

people in this forum just gets on my nerve

Then , please leave....
Veteran & Retired TV technician

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 12, 2009, 2:03 AM

Post #6 of 6 (3556 views)
Shortcut

Let some people know "i don't mind being picked on", and I don't demand nobody's presence or out of presence but weigh your options when it comes to advice. This is freeworld, i won't stop you neither will I....

denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)