Sony DAV-FC7 Wont play disks

glen65
New User

Jan 23, 2009, 1:04 AM

Post #1 of 3 (3275 views)
Shortcut
Sony DAV-FC7 Wont play disks Can't Post

Hello,

I am working with a Sony DAV-FC7 DVD player/receiver. (the model and serial tag says HCD-FC7)

The receiver itself will power up but wont play DVDs. In fact, when you set to play dvds the display goes black and there is nothing on the TV screen. There's currently one disk stuck in the deck right now, and the unit wont eject it. When I try to shut the unit off it flashes "standby" continuously. As I understand it this has been a big problem with these units, but this is the first one of this particular model that I have run across. I can repair the unit but I'm looking for some information that will assist me in troubleshooting it. I figure that somone here has already ran into this and can direct me to which components that I most likely need to focus on and tell me if there any service bulletins for this unit.

Any help appreciated, Thank you

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jan 26, 2009, 2:52 AM

Post #2 of 3 (3247 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glen65] Sony DAV-FC7 Wont play disks [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't have the info in front of me at the moment but I believe these units had a resistor that changes value and then causes a small circuit protector (fuse) to open.

These parts are located under the DVD deck. You have to remove the lid from the player and unscrew the DVD deck and remove it to get at the parts. They are on the main board near the back end of where the deck sits.

The resistor and circuit protector are very near each other. The circuit protector looks like a small transistor but only has 2 legs. I usually replace them with a 3amp pico fuse. If you have an ohm meter and know how to use it, check the resistors in this area to see if any have changed in value. The circuit protector's part number on the board starts with the letters 'pr'

I will try to find the part numbers and location and get back to you. -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

glen65
New User

Jan 27, 2009, 6:01 PM

Post #3 of 3 (3242 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] Sony DAV-FC7 Wont play disks [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the reply,
I have the main board out of the deck
and on the bench right now checking some other items.
I appreciate whatever info you can pass along.

Thanks you,

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.17 s on (CGI/1.1)