Sony DVP-S560D Problems

kvnshwn
New User

Jul 9, 2005, 3:01 AM

Post #1 of 5 (4686 views)
Shortcut
Sony DVP-S560D Problems Can't Post

Hello,

I have a sony DVP-S560D and it has been acting up lately. It started freezing up in the middle of a movie and then starting over from the beginning again, or it would give me a 13.00 error (dirty DVD) when I would insert the dvd, now it has started saying no disc. I did take the shell off the laser and clean the laser head and the spinner mechanism. After putting the unit back together it will accept some of the DVD's with no error code (I haven't had the patience to try and watch a movie yet to see if it does the skip thing). While apart I noticed a potentiometer (RV501) and tweaked it hoping it might turn the laser intensity up and clear the 13:00 codes and skipping problems.

Has anybody experienced this? I did see the post about the "No Disc" error and the blown fuse, but I don't think that is the case with this unit. Did I really screw it up by tweaking the potentiometer?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

kvnshwn
New User

Jul 11, 2005, 5:24 AM

Post #2 of 5 (4668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kvnshwn] Sony DVP-S560D Problems [In reply to] Can't Post

*Update*

I put the DVD player back together and watched a movie, at first it looked like the color was off and the picture was a little dark. After five minuts the picture was great and the machine did not freeze up or start over at all.......I put the movie back to the beginning and started it over to see if the movie started with poor picture quality and it was not the case, so I think the dvd player fixed itself.........I am still looking for advice though.

Thanks, Kevin

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 22, 2005, 4:45 AM

Post #3 of 5 (4365 views)
Shortcut

Tweaking the potentiometer can only be done it precisely by OSCILOSCOPE!. They're very expensive tool and not suggested to use by consumer,only high-tech technician will able to read and identify the exact light-output the laser system requires. It shouldn't be re-reset in anyway!. they were glued to the exact specifications.

if it works in your favor, Perhaps it's a good guess!. I beleive the original problem causing your player to freeze the exact scene is due to the disc itself...if ain't able to read 24 bit reading, just one tiny smudge or scratch of the disc will cause to freeze. There's no such thing as to firing up the laser light output! and go ahead and make the adjustments.

denonjapan

made in japan

kvnshwn
New User

Sep 22, 2005, 6:50 AM

Post #4 of 5 (4364 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the response. The dvd player eventually quit playing movies altogether. I was looking for advice on why it was having problems in the first place. I knew an "O" scope was probably needed to calibrate the laser, but I had nothing to loose by tweaking them. I went out and bought another cheap Japanese Sony player to replace this one. Hopefully this one lasts a little longer.

CB400F

FIXITNOW
New User

Nov 30, 2005, 11:50 AM

Post #5 of 5 (4159 views)
Shortcut

REPAIR TIP

Try replacing F402 circuit protector,

then found that some discs would play ok , on other discs C:13:00 would come up on display. this according to instruction manual suggested a dirty disc.these discs played ok on other units. The cure for this problem was to replace the laser unit

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)