Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: DVD Repair Forum:
re: video problem on recording from dvr

reble
New User

Feb 8, 2019, 12:01 AM

Post #1 of 2 (308565 views)
Shortcut
re: video problem on recording from dvr Can't Post

I am having video size problems when I record from spectrum's cable box/dvr to my Funai combo vcr/dvd recorder, on blank dvd's. The setup is a 3 cable set, yellow, white and red out from the back of the of the cable box/dvr to the input of the vcr/dvd recorder and the same 3 cable set yellow, white and red from the vcr/dvd recorder output to the input on my Haier high def flat screen tv. <br>My problem is the horz on the recorded (on dvd) picture is squashed in a lot, see the screen capture picture in this Dropbox link, https://www.dropbox.com/s/aitl059xrcuqf8h/screen%20capture%20of%20voyager.jpg?dl=0 , is there a way to stretch the video out then re-burn the tv show to a new dvd? <br>Also the next screen capture is of the cable tv box/dvr box https://www.dropbox.com/s/00byne8ydo5rrj0/picture%20settings.jpg?dl=0 video settings. The settings are good for the HDMI cable from the cable box/dvr to the tv directly on most ch's. But not to the vcr/dvd recorder. And I don't know how to set the controls to get full screen to both the vcr/dvd and on the HDMI cable. And Spectrum tech support won't help with getting the setting right for both the vcr/dvd recorder and the HDMI cable. They will only do the HDMI cable.
You will have to past the links into an other tab. I don't know how to set the lincks to auto tap on this forum.

(This post was edited by reble on Feb 8, 2019, 12:12 AM)

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 9, 2019, 11:36 AM

Post #2 of 2 (308552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [reble] re: video problem on recording from dvr [In reply to] Can't Post

You will have to past the links into an other tab. I don't know how to set the lincks to auto tap on this forum.

'Get Markup Help'
Scroll to bottom
Choice #1

or

far right button below 'url'.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)