Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Digital TV Forum:
Any help with this one please?

IanI
New User

Jan 25, 2008, 12:40 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2177 views)
Shortcut
Any help with this one please? Can't Post

All I use on my TV are the digital channels but recently sometimes when I switch on I get the picture but no sound - if I
switchover to analogue with the remote, I get picture AND sound so I keep switching between Anologue and Digital until after two or three tries the digital comes on WITH the sound. On some occasions when I first switch the thing on I get the digital sound straight away. Now I know for sure that if I call out a TV engineer the darned thing will work OK all the time he's with me. Don't you just hate those intermitent faults...... Anyone else had this problem 'cos if its the digital board in the TV I might as well weelie bin it and get a new set altogether. (the TV is a Toshiba - 4years old)
Cheers all,
Ian

denonjapan
Veteran

Jan 26, 2008, 6:47 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2170 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IanI] Any help with this one please? [In reply to] Can't Post

What you're asking is some kind of GURU on electronics. There's no such thing and it's inconclusive. have it checked by a professional. But before doing so, if you are using separate media reciever for your tv. I'm assuming you have other digital tv around the house, try to connect it there and see if it's indeed the receiver. or simply other users causing this traffic in your area.

denonjapan
made in japan

IanI
New User

Jan 26, 2008, 8:32 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2169 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Any help with this one please? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Denon - I've had this TV for 3 years without any problems like this ever cropping up. It's the only digital equipment I have so I can't do any trial and error juggling. I've had suggestions of disconnecting the equipment from the mains suppy for a long period to let any memory chips fade out. This didn't work neither did trying another scart socket as was suggested. I found another forum at www.repairhelper.com and under the digital problems someone else had asked the same thing, unfortunately there was no reply to his question. Yesterday I made contact with Toshiba and I'll be talking to them again on monday to see if they can suggest anything. Thanks anyway for your interest mate - if I get a solution I'll post it on here for anyone to read.

Cheers,
Ian

IanI
New User

Jan 31, 2008, 11:57 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2148 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IanI] Any help with this one please? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi All, Tv sorted now - I had it collected yesterday by a company recommended by Toshiba - They rang me this morning to say that it has been fixed. The TV digital alignment system had crashed and has been re-aligned in the workshop.
Cheers all,
Ian

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)