Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Digital TV Forum:
Digital TV Recording

cthulu
New User

Jul 15, 2008, 11:52 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2289 views)
Shortcut
Digital TV Recording Can't Post

I have a Panasonic DVD recorder with a digital tuner and I use an antenna for reception.The new digital signals have the capacity to have a copy protect flag sent which blocks recording. I have experienced this with ABC's LOST already. I've heard the networks will do this on their popular programs. Will the new digital converter boxes allow me to record in analog or at least block the copy protect signal so I can record? For now, I can record LOST in analog, but what happens when it goes only digital? Will this also happen to the cable and dish users when they get network digital signals? Is this only a problem with using a DVD recorder and not with TiVo?

denonjapan
Veteran

Aug 22, 2008, 12:33 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2222 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cthulu] Digital TV Recording [In reply to] Can't Post

This doesn't make sense, Panasonic dvd recorder equipped with digital tuner allows user to copy digital signals with slight deviation depending on the recording speed mode. XP, SP, EP, Etc. Also, no one can unblock the copy protected signal. Speaking of recording, don't forget the resolution offers by dvd recording only. it's not fully digital. The resolutions in "LOST" program at ABC if im not wrong is 1080i, that's a possible recording you can achieve with BLU ray recorder or higher Coming on your shelfs soon.

denonjapan
made in japan

luckbear
New User

Feb 2, 2009, 11:17 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2038 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Digital TV Recording [In reply to] Can't Post

Really a complicated thing,you'd better think twince then make your decision
Bargain DVDS at http://WWW.DVDSETSHOP.COM

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)