Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Digital TV Forum:
Install help?? DTV Converter + multi recorders

grannie14
New User

Nov 9, 2008, 8:02 AM

Post #1 of 10 (5838 views)
Shortcut
Install help?? DTV Converter + multi recorders Can't Post

Trying to prepare for DTV…. We do not have cable. We have an old fashioned TV antenna. We have an old (10+ years) Sharp Analog TV, which has only a cable input. We have a Pioneer DVR-RT500 DVD/VHS Recorder (4 yrs old), which does not have a DTV tuner. We just purchased a Philips DVDR3576H/37 DVD (hard drive) Recorder that does have a DTV tuner. We also purchased an RF modulator and a Magnavox TB110MW9 converter box. We would like to set them all up together so we could 1) record and watch the recordings on the DVR, 2) Watch TV while recording on the DVR and 3) watch DVD or VHS recordings on the Pioneer while the Philips is recording. Can you help us configure this? Or send me to a website with schematics?
Thanx in advance for your help,
Grannie14

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 10, 2008, 4:40 AM

Post #2 of 10 (5831 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grannie14] Install help?? DTV Converter + multi recorders [In reply to] Can't Post

if you're trying to prepare for DTV then 1st off: get rid of the analog tv.

denonjapan
made in japan

grannie14
New User

Nov 10, 2008, 5:49 AM

Post #3 of 10 (5828 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Install help?? DTV Converter + multi recorders [In reply to] Can't Post

Gee Thanks, denonjapan. You're so helpful. Could you send money so we could get a new TV?
Grannie14

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 10, 2008, 6:25 AM

Post #4 of 10 (5825 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grannie14] Install help?? DTV Converter + multi recorders [In reply to] Can't Post

Gee thanks? i don't normally believe that most people considered themselves poor is primarily due to their poor thinking as well. It's true!!! i don't see any other help you need. Money can only do so much to those who earn it.

denonjapan
made in japan

Candle66
New User

Jun 14, 2009, 7:52 PM

Post #5 of 10 (5470 views)
Shortcut

Although your set-up problems can be resolved it is probably going to necessitate purchasing a variety of cables and splitters. I have an Analog TV without A/V inputs, a VCR with A/V inputs, and a DVD player with A/V inputs. I split(splitter#1) the antenna with one to the DTV converter and one to the VCR, the converter OUT is connected to the VCR IN, the converter A/V out is connected to the VCR A/V in, the VCR antenna OUT is connected to one side of splitter#2. I connected the DVD player A/V OUT to a unit I purchased that allows A/V inputs IN and antenna OUT to TV. I then connected the DVD player antenna out to the other side of splitter#2. Splitter#2 then is connected to the antenna terminal on the Analog TV. Be sure the analog TV is set for AIR and not for CABLE. In order to play DVDs I have to turn off the converter and the VCR. I tried connecting the VCR to the DVD player but always lost signal. Figuring this all out was a nightmare but it is fully functional. Taped all the cables in groups to reduce clutter. Note that this setup requires 5 electrical outlets. To put it bluntly, save yourself all the grief and purchase new equipment and/or subscribe to cable. I went through all this hassle because I have a compulsion to figure thigs out. Also, I am extremely CHEAP!

kroot10105
New User

Jun 15, 2009, 6:27 AM

Post #6 of 10 (5462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Install help?? DTV Converter + multi recorders [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sorry but you make no sense.Crazy

Candle66
New User

Jun 16, 2009, 2:45 AM

Post #7 of 10 (5444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kroot10105] Install help?? DTV Converter + multi recorders [In reply to] Can't Post

What you really mean is that it is beyond your comprehension.

kroot10105
New User

Jun 16, 2009, 4:27 PM

Post #8 of 10 (5438 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Candle66] Install help?? DTV Converter + multi recorders [In reply to] Can't Post

If you mean that your nonsense is incomprehensible then yes I do not comprehend.

Candle66
New User

Jun 25, 2009, 7:11 PM

Post #9 of 10 (5410 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kroot10105] Install help?? DTV Converter + multi recorders [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps FACEBOOK would be more to your liking.

moreofthis
New User

Jul 8, 2009, 6:46 PM

Post #10 of 10 (5377 views)
Shortcut
Install help?? DTV Converter + multi recorders [In reply to] Can't Post

forget dtv internet tv is the future
check it out
tinyurl.com/mjxqn7

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)