New Digital Signal-Specifications?

Jerry8A
New User

Jan 31, 2008, 10:48 PM

Post #1 of 5 (3295 views)
Shortcut
New Digital Signal-Specifications? Can't Post

New Digital Signal-Specifications?

I am having problems getting straight answers from Comcast in Indianapolis, IN.

I would like to know the signal specifications such as scan, resolution and pixel content of the signal Comcast will provide to customers who do not use the converter box or subscribe to digital TV services in 2009. In other words, the type of signal that is supplied only through my cable without any external boxes.

Thanks,
Jerry

denonjapan
Veteran

Feb 1, 2008, 4:19 PM

Post #2 of 5 (3287 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jerry8A] New Digital Signal-Specifications? [In reply to] Can't Post

That's very intriguing question which gives you rather a straight dumb answer. The answer is simple: BLUE SCREEN.

denonjapan
made in japan

Jerry8A
New User

Feb 1, 2008, 6:06 PM

Post #3 of 5 (3284 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] New Digital Signal-Specifications? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
That's very intriguing question which gives you rather a straight dumb answer. The answer is simple: BLUE SCREEN.

denonjapan
made in japan

If I understand your response, it seems to say I will not receive a signal. Although Comcast could not provide me with the signal’s specifications, they did say I will still receive a signal without any boxes.

Jerry

denonjapan
Veteran

Feb 2, 2008, 6:54 AM

Post #4 of 5 (3279 views)
Shortcut

Not exactly, I mean! common sense! why would they impose to the use of down-converter box? that would defeat the purpose right? and by next year, that's when HDCP kicks in. You don't necessarily need to purchase another HDCP compliant monitor if you already bought one, but for those connoisseurs of resolutions, You may wanna check if the monitor is compliant to HDCP. Or else, Chances is> Previous monitors may not display a full digital bandwidth as it's being broadcast. Here we go again, don't get me wrong..what Im saying is: there will be a slight deviation displayed to your monitor from a full bandwidth signal if the monitor is not compliant to HDCP.

By speaking to COMCAST representative, be very aware of any informations you receive. Most of them just needed a job and a paycheck like everyone else. They may say anything to cut you off and it's not like they will call you back to apologize with their errors. Especially if the person you spoke to is a female? say no more!!!!!!!!!

denonjapan
made in japan

biren13
New User

Apr 15, 2009, 8:53 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2794 views)
Shortcut

You should get channels 2 - 36 without any cable box; including local HD channels in that range. The resolution for the HD channels will depend upon the broadcaster and should be 720p or 1080i.

Comcast will lie to you if you ask them this question. They will try to sell you a HD converter box for $7/month. You do NOT need to buy their box.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)