Online TV Guide problem

LBrandt
New User

May 28, 2010, 9:10 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1387 views)
Shortcut
Online TV Guide problem Can't Post

Hello,
I'm new to this forum (just joined), so please forgive this question if it's directed to the wrong sub-forum, but here goes.
We bought a 32 inch Sony digital TV about a year ago. We have Comcast cable (no satellite), but we don't use a Comcast cable box, just the direct cable signal to the set. For a long time after hooking up the set, we were able to receive the online TV guide, showing the program lineup, but we haven't been able to get this for several months now. When we click on the "TV guide" option on the remote, the TV gude screen comes up with a message indicating that the guide will be updated later, but it never is.
There doesn't seem to be anything that we can do to change this, so I'm wondering whether anyone else has this problem and whether it's simply a case of the guide information not being sent to us from Comcast.
Has anyone else had this happen?
Thanks,
Louis

jts1957
Veteran

May 28, 2010, 11:15 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LBrandt] Online TV Guide problem [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.tvguide.com/listings

-------------------------

LBrandt
New User

May 28, 2010, 11:42 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1381 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Online TV Guide problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that is an online (on my computer) TV guide, but I'm trying to figure out why the TV guide that I used to be able to view on my digital TV set isn't available anymore.

jts1957
Veteran

May 29, 2010, 9:15 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1377 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LBrandt] Online TV Guide problem [In reply to] Can't Post

And I pointed you to one alternative service you can use.Wink

Your question obviously has to do with Comcast (and possibly Sony), and they are whom you should be addressing your concerns to.Smile

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on May 29, 2010, 9:17 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)